About meI am a freelance composer, animateur, educator, conductor and writer. My work aims to encourage creative participation in music making: to enjoy it as an enlivening group activity for all-comers, and one in which participants can discover their own creative musical identity. I’m always interested in taking part in unusual, creative projects, collaborating with creative people from all artforms and in a variety of contexts. Browse the website to see the sorts of things I do, or go straight to the other work and media page for a selection of audio and video extracts! And get in touch: it would be lovely to hear from you!
Winner of 2016 Education or Community Award
Finalist in 2017 Music & Sound Awards
- Premeire of Take Flight in Hull, 15th September (see news)
- Working at Leonard Cheshire Disability Centre’s on the LPO’s wonderful ORCHLab project in conjunction with Drake Music.
- Primary School project with Oxford Lieder Festival. Performance: Ashmolean Theatre, Oxford, 1.45pm, 13th October www.oxfordlieder.co.uk/education
- Working with brilliant storyteller Clare Murphy and Mid-Wales Music Trust developing a show for KS2 students to be premiered March 2018
- Leading Orchestra Unwrapped sessions for Philharmonia Orchestra in Bedford and Leicester
- Develping Music Maps workshops for London Sinfonietta in Huddersfield
- Sing a Story with Mid-Wales Music Trust
- Create, Cultivate, Orchestrate with Academy of St Martins in the Fields and Joshua Bell In Sydney Australia. ABC TV documentary about the project coming soon!
- Mentor for LEYMN (London Early Years Music Network) www.sound-connections.org.uk
- Lead artist for Create’s Nurturing Talent intiative http://createarts.org.uk/
- Further international screenings of Roger Allen’s Theatre of Apparitions
- Working on the Wigmore Hall’s Partner Schools Programme